Saturday, January 2, 2010

How do you get rid of stud nail heads appearing?

I moved into my house a few months ago - built in 1969 and one previous owner. I am repainting all of the rooms, one-by-one. I have noticed that in the master bedroom there are a few spots where there are lines of nail heads appearing. You can't see the actually nail head, but there are noticeable bumps in the wall. How do I get rid of this, without having to re-drywall?How do you get rid of stud nail heads appearing?
For bulges, use a scraper or 5-in-1 to chip away the mud, then hammer it in if it's a nail or set the screw a little deeper. Patch with joint compound, sand, prime, and paint. For dimples, just fill with the mud. You can use the powdered joint compound (lightweight), which will set up much faster than premixed. Hope this helps.How do you get rid of stud nail heads appearing?
it will be a pain in the butt but if your like me you notice every little crack in the wall and wont rest until their all patched up. so this is what you do, get a nail set a hammer a medium grain sheet o sand paper and a small thing of plaster, if you don't have them already (remember to buy U.S. made), put the nail set in the center of the nail and give it a light smack and keep doing that until the head is just under the plaster/sheet rock. next get your plaster out, it's going to be such a small patch that you might as well just use your finger to fill in that hole. there should be a little bit of over flow. after you've done all of the nails in that room it's time to sand. you'll probably want to do it by hand. just make sure that the plaster is flush with the wall and there's no glops of it. let it dry over night and then paint.
You that little metal tool with the rounded point tip (forgot what it is called) put it on the head of the nail and hammer the nailhead in real quick...then you patch the indent it created. My fiance is a housepainter and I have watched him do it a hundred times. You will never know the nail was there.
I do house renovations for a living...





I'm sorry ...But the best way is to install drywall screws about 1 inch above and 1 inch below each nail pop....then use a hammer to sink the nail head slightly ..then you have to fill / prime and paint each repair spot





if you want to see if I know what I'm talking about.....check out my web sites
Nailset.





I would rather live with small bumps on the wall than go through all the work and mess of resetting nails and patchig plaster board and repainting. There are a number in my home - I ignore them.
Put bleach in your eyes so you can't see it.
pull them out and replace with screws....you'll have to dry wall compound over the top and sand them down

No comments:

Post a Comment