Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Small puncture wound from nail in back of head?

Yesterday at around 11:00 PM I was in a treehouse and on the way down lifted my head up into a nail that was sticking through a piece of wood. It went into the back of my head and it seemed to be just a small puncture wound. I felt a little dizzy and threw up immediately afterwards. It didn't really hurt and I don't really think it went deep in all. It was a small hole in the back of my head and bled a small amount for about 5 minutes. I did not clean or try to disinfect the wound.


It's 5:00 today and it's been closed up for a while now. It is tender and I can feel the spot in the back of my brain. I have a slight headache. There's a small, red bump where the puncture was but like I said it's completely closed up. I haven't had any weird visual loss or memory loss or anything cognitive like that.


If it's tetanus then I'm really not worried because I had a booster shot in the last five years (I think) and even if I didn't I will be able to recognize those symptoms.WatshuldIdo?Small puncture wound from nail in back of head?
call your doctor or whoever is on call and ask what you should do.Small puncture wound from nail in back of head?
I agree that you should get this checked out, even if just for peace of mind. Good luck.
If you feel faint, dizzy or throw up again you should probably call the doctor. If you're sure that you've had all of your boosters for tetanus then you should be OK.





Clean the wound with warm water and antiseptic. If there is someone else with you get them to see just how big the hole really is!





As with all head injuries, if you are in doubt, give your local hospital a call for advice on whether or not they should see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment