Sunday, January 17, 2010

Did I hit the Nail on the Head (Or Sperm on the Egg)?

I have an average 30 day cycle...My last period was November 29th...I expected my next period on December 29th...Hubby and I had intercourse on 12/13/2007; 12/16/2007 and 12/22/2007.





I should have started on Saturday the 29th, but I am 4 days late...I am waiting a few more weeks to take an HPT test becauase in my last pregnancy I found out so early and I miscarried at 7 weeks.





I am not asking if I am pregnant, I know I can find that out with a HPT, what I'm asking is if according to a 30 day cycle is if the days of intercourse were most likely fertile days.Did I hit the Nail on the Head (Or Sperm on the Egg)?
Yes you timed it pretty well! I would want to find out now though because you had a miscarrage before the dr. will take extra precautions to do all that they can to keep it from happening again!Did I hit the Nail on the Head (Or Sperm on the Egg)?
Yep, you might have, if you expected your period on the 29th, then you would have ovulated on the 15. Having sex on the 13 could have been successful, and if your ovulation was even 12 hours late, then sex on the 16th could have conceived.





Baby dust to both of us!
You can know when you ovulate if you look into Natural Family Planning. Check out _Taking Charge of Your Fertility_.





Your most likely days of ovulation to start with are 11-16 days before your next period starts. So your most likely days of ovulation are days 14-19. You should watch your temperature and fertile cervical mucus. After a few months, you'll be able to know your average luteal phase, which only varies +/-1 day for most women. (The luteal phase is those 11-16 days which allow for implantation if you conceive.) So, it looks like your first two tries may be promising. But you can know for sure in the future if you start charting.





I understand the fears you are having, but it is important that you see your doc/midwife if you do have a miscarriage. You need to be careful when you have an open cervix, which is what should happen in a miscarriage (no intercourse, no tampons). If it doesn't open, you may need a D%26amp;C to get the tissue out. So, you really do need to know for your own safety.
Sounds like it is correct timing. I wouldn't put off finding out though. You may have m/c the first time due to low progesterone and then can give you supplements for that. So if you find out sooner it may be more helpful. I would take an HPT tomorrow morning. Taking an HPT will not prevent or cause a m/c. I didn't take one last month and I had a m/c and my doctor said to test around the time my period is due from now on because there could have been a slight chance they could have prevented it and I needed that positive HPT to confirm the m/c. Just my opinion though. I hope you are pregnant and it results in a healthy baby this time. Best wishes to you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment