Sunday, January 17, 2010

I believe the man hit the nail on the head on this one.?

Right on it. What do you think?


http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2007/ts鈥?/a>I believe the man hit the nail on the head on this one.?
I want to state a comment to Volleyball Chick...WHAT in the H*LL did Ron Paul have to do with what Imus DID? The two are not compatible with each other.





As far as the question goes, YES, Ron Paul WAS right to state what he did about the Fed. Reserve. It isn't right to enslave Americans like this government is doing.I believe the man hit the nail on the head on this one.?
I don't always agree with Ron Paul but I definetley agree with the statement provided by your link.

Report Abuse



First off, I will say that our form of government isn't perfect (although there are those that think otherwise).





Now, on the opinion of the author of the article, that is his opinion, and he has every right to it. I don't happen to agree with him at all.





Yes - others focused on race. But I think the far more obvious and blatent attack was against women. I am an athlete, and when I go out onto the court, the last thing on my mind is if the people watching are going to think I look good. Imus disrespected women athletes by judging their appearance, specifically how attractive they are. They competed for a D-1 championship, the first for their school since 1959 (for fencing). That in itself is a wonderful accomplishment, and one those women had every right to be very proud of. But Mr. Imus, in his low- brow sense of humor, decided that since they were women, he had the right to judge how attractive he found them, using racially sensitive remarks to do it. He deserves all he gets, and more! I mean, when Kobe goes out and scores 50 points in a game, you don't hear Stuart Scott on ESPN remarking on how attractive Kobe looked that evening, do you? THAT is what Imus did.





Freedom of Speech? Yes - every single person has that freedom, but like any other freedom, it is not free. The person expressing the freedom of speech has the RESPONSIBILITY to accept the consequences of what they said. THAT is what true freedom is, and that is what any man would do - accept responsibility and take the consequences.





Sorry this differs from your point of view, but as a woman, I found the remarks offensive - it had nothing to do with race (those it was stupid for him to state it in the way he did). Male athletes are not judged in the manner of their attractiveness. Why should it be acceptable for female athletes to be?
I agree with the sentiment totally, after 9-11 and especially after the janet jackson contracversy people have forgotten about the fact that we are a free society and freedom comes with the statement and disclaimer of not all free speech is going to be compatable with the majority





It is the price of living in a free democratic society

No comments:

Post a Comment