Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Didn't the film ';The Life of Brian'; hit the nail right on the head in it's parody of religion ?

Especially the scene where a religion is created, a messiah is proclaimed, a schism occurs, heritics are attacked...... all within the space of a few minutes.





';He's the messiah all right. I should know, I've followed a few.'; LOLDidn't the film ';The Life of Brian'; hit the nail right on the head in it's parody of religion ?
Yes it did. LOLDidn't the film ';The Life of Brian'; hit the nail right on the head in it's parody of religion ?
God, did it ever. I must have watched it a dozen times and I still laugh out loud every time. Any believer with an ounce of intelligence left should have no choice but to slink away in burning shame after seeing this movie, for s/he hath been outed as a fool...





Thuth thpake Bigguth Dickuth!
No wonder you're an Atheist. You turn to Monty Python for wisdom.
but go is an order boy..!!





conjugate the verb to go.....





err..3rd person, plural, indicative





dommi...dommo...dommum





that's right....oom!!





now...write it out a hundred times...and if your not finished by sunup...I'll cut your balls off....








bloody marvelous...LOL
Never seen it.... Never heard of it..... wouldn't waste my time....





So, if it makes you happy.... dont' worry.... be happy!!!








your sister,


Ginger
A very good film indeed, and quite amusing.





Ramen !
I was especially amused at how they seem to have gotten the ';fever'; down... always looking to better themselves by claiming they had a better God.





I have the Holy Gourd - and the Holy Sandal!





Yes, a really good parody of organized religion, schisms within groups and just the general overall idea of modern day religions.





Blessed are the Cheese makers!
I haven't seen the movie for a long time, but from memory it also highlighted some of the ills in society that are caused by blindly following a dogma
In its parody of denominationalism, yes! However, he was way off base when it came to the true religion as stated in the bible and there is a special place in hell waiting for the movie's writer, director, and probably the entire Monty Python crew!
Always look on the bright side of life.
Funny movie. But that was it. A funny movie. Comparing that movie to religion is like comparing Star Wars to Astronomy.
ROFL.. Monty Python RULES! I ADORE The Life of Brian.





I personally think all of the Monty Python movies are phenomenal. I'm not sure it's so much a parody of religion itself as they were attempting to poke fun at the British attitudes toward it at the time.


Here are some of my favorite quotes:





Brian: I am NOT the Messiah!


Arthur: I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.








Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!


Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.


Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!


Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!


Brian: Now, f*ck off!


[silence]


Arthur: How shall we f*ck off, O Lord?





Ex-Leper: Okay, sir, my final offer: half a shekel for an old ex-leper?


Brian: Did you say ';ex-leper';?


Ex-Leper: That's right, sir, 16 years behind a veil and proud of it, sir.


Brian: Well, what happened?


Ex-Leper: Oh, cured, sir.


Brian: Cured?


Ex-Leper: Yes sir, bloody miracle, sir. Bless you!


Brian: Who cured you?


Ex-Leper: Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! ';You're cured, mate.'; Bloody do-gooder.





Brian: Well, why don't you go and tell him you want to be a leper again?


Ex-Leper: Uh, I could do that sir, yeah. Yeah, I could do that I suppose. What I was thinking was I was going to ask him if he could make me a bit lame in one leg during the middle of the week. You know, something beggable, but not leprosy, which is a pain in the *** to be blunt and excuse my French, sir.





Brian: Please, please, please listen! I've got one or two things to say.


The Crowd: Tell us! Tell us both of them!


Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!


The Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals!


Brian: You're all different!


The Crowd: Yes, we ARE all different!


Man in crowd: I'm not...








Reg: [arriving at Brian's crucifixion] Hello, Sibling Brian.


Brian: Thank God you've come, Reg.


Reg: Well, I think I should point out first, Brian, in all fairness, we are not, in fact, the rescue committee. However, I have been asked to read the following prepare statement on behalf of the movement. ';We the People's Front of Judea, brackets, officials, end brackets, do hereby convey our sincere fraternal and sisterly greetings to you, Brian, on this, the occasion of your martyrdom. ';


Brian: What?


Reg: ';Your death will stand as a landmark in the continuing struggle to liberate the parent land from the hands of the Roman imperialist aggressors, excluding those concerned with drainage, medicine, roads, housing, education, viniculture and any other Romans contributing to the welfare of Jews of both sexes and hermaphrodites. Signed, on behalf of the P. F. J. , etc. '; And I'd just like to add, on a personal note, my own admiration, for what you're doing for us, Brian, on what must be, after all, for you a very difficult time. ';





Lol love it.. thanks for reminding me of this.. a great laugh.


Have a terrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment