Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Has anyone head about the nail grooming tool called Pedi Paws?

It uses a smooth rotary filing action that will not harm the sensitive nerves and tissue in your pets paws, it is called the ultimate at-home grooming experience and I have thought about getting it to trim my parrots beak with since he won't use any of the stones or rough materials the vet and the pet store told me about and I bought. His beak is getting so long that if he were to sneeze, he would probably stab himself in the chest, so I am now considering this product that I am asking about and see if this helps trim his snozzola, any suggestions or advise?





I am the guy that has the parrot that loves to swear in Hebrew!Has anyone head about the nail grooming tool called Pedi Paws?
The Pedi Paws is strictly for trimming nails. It has a guard on it that will only allow a nail to go through. I really think that you should have the vet trim the beak. You could really do serious damage if you don't know what you are doing. Have you had the bird tested for fatty liver disease or any of the other numerous things that could cause an over grown beak? That is the route I took with with my Goffin. Has anyone head about the nail grooming tool called Pedi Paws?
Just clip off the very tip of the beak making sure to not go too far as there is a blood vessel in it. Then take the sandpaper type nail file and file it smooth. Once you have it to the right length you can keep it that way bu using the nail file as a tug-o-war tool. Let the bird bite it from the tip of the beak and then pull it out to file the point of the beak.
I've seen the ads on TV. My concern about it is that some animals might be freaked out by the noise it makes. It might not be as big a concern for a parrot although yours might not like the vibrations. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.
i seen it on tv

No comments:

Post a Comment