Friday, January 15, 2010

When someone gives you an honest answer but because it hits the nail on the head do you get pissed off? why?

Its so true! I get it all the time! I suppose its because I dont want to face up to reality?When someone gives you an honest answer but because it hits the nail on the head do you get pissed off? why?
Sometimes, but only b/c I realize it is true and I need to change. It really doesn't have much to do with the answerer and more to do with me and my guilt. The truth is hard sometimes, but that's why I like Yahoo Answers b/c you can get an unbiased opinion. I am also grateful to the person that was willing to tell me the truth so I can improve.When someone gives you an honest answer but because it hits the nail on the head do you get pissed off? why?
I prefer the answers that ';hit the nail on the head.'; I need honesty in my life, that's why I'm asking questions (assuming that it's a serious one). If I wanted to hear lies I'd go talk to someone in person, probably one of my family members or ';friends'; yeah, they'll lie to me real good.
I find a lot of the time people only actually ask questions they really feel they know the answer to in the first place! They are just wanting people to agree with them so when someone doesn't it annoys them! Which kinda defeats the point of asking it in the first place!
Everyone has a difficult time admitting when they're wrong - especially when theyve been proved wrong beyond the shadow of a doubt. So when we're shown that we are back asswards about something it always bugs the ever loving heck out of you. Human nature.
coz we are humans. we choose what we want to hear. if someone confirms our deepest fear or biggest flaw, we feel like a failure. that's common. but by not listening or accepting the honest answer is simply an ignorance or sheer stupidity.
We all know that hearing the truth can often be hurtful. Of course, we get p.o., however, let's try to learn from what we just heard. Perhaps it can help us in future.


';Deep breath, count to 10, and then perhaps respond to the other person';.
Some people don't like hearing or facing the truth so if you give it to them they consider your answer offensive BECAUSE you have pointed out what they were also thinking but didnt want to believe
Only you can Answer that
no


I prefer an ennemy telling something honest and nasty, than a friend lying to me to cover the bad reality
no you should take it as constructive criticism and thank them for being honest
I think it is because a good defense is an offense.
nope, honesty priorities.
defensiveness?
That is why I only ever answer with joke answers.





Like this one.
Nope, like they say sometimes the truth hurts

No comments:

Post a Comment