Friday, January 15, 2010

I hit my head on a rusty nail and it pit a small puncture in my head I cleaned it right away am I ok?

It happend earler today and I didint get the chance to go to the doctor the wound is not that big no bigger than a pen tip maby a tiny bit biger should I go to the doctorI hit my head on a rusty nail and it pit a small puncture in my head I cleaned it right away am I ok?
Rusty or not, puncture wounds can push microbes like tetanus deep into the tissue where you might not be able to clean it properly. The best defense against tetanus is to make sure you are up-to-date with your immunizations. Every 10 years is fine for most people, but carpenters and others who work in construction need a booster every 5 years to be safe because of the higher risk of injuries and exposure to dirt where tetanus spores live.I hit my head on a rusty nail and it pit a small puncture in my head I cleaned it right away am I ok?
if you havent had a tetnus shot within 10 years than absolutley yes you can get tetnus also known as lock jaw which can be deadly if you have had the shot then put neosporiin and clean bandaid on it like 2-3 times a day

No comments:

Post a Comment