Sunday, January 17, 2010

Clipped-head nails vs Round-head nails?

I'm planning on doing a lot of framing and wonder if I can use my clipped-head nailer or should I buy a Round-Head one. What are code inspectors saying about clipped nails and can or should I use them.Clipped-head nails vs Round-head nails?
In Indiana it fine to use clipped heads. paslode gas will shoot either one and they make both for there guns. As far as pnuematic I know paslode and senco will shoot either so I guess its a toss up. Ive heard in cali clipped nails are outlawed I dont really understand why but codes are always changing. Anything that touches green treat should be stainless steel now because even the galvanized where deteriotating in the treated wood. I own two paslode gas guns you can frame about ten houses shooting all day long and only have to replace the two rings. We have also dropped them a lot one time we where putting in a ridge and the kid we hired on dropped it three storys through the stair opening and it bounced of the concrete basement floor. we sent him down for it he got it climbed back up and shot off the ridge so that proves the durablilty.Clipped-head nails vs Round-head nails?
you need to check your local building codes. they changed the code by me. Now we can't use clipped head nails. I am a contractor and i had to buy all new nail guns.
For the life of me I don't know why clipped nails are no good any more . I wish I could shov****. I gave up and purchased a round head nail-er . Another reason it costs 350,000 to build a house. Good question I'm going to ask Y.A.
  • pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment