Friday, January 15, 2010

Do Christians see any irony in using the phrase ';hit the nail on the head';?

lol - maybe a bit tacky, but funny, nonetheless.





even God has a sense of humor people. get over it.Do Christians see any irony in using the phrase ';hit the nail on the head';?
The thought of irony has hit my mind . I thought this myself one week ago. I know it actually means the nail head itself. Besides the nails they used on jesus were probably more like wooden stakes. They most likely didn't have any type of iron nails back in those days.Do Christians see any irony in using the phrase ';hit the nail on the head';?
No since Jesus was not nailed to the cross by his head but rather his ankles and wrists. If you were to say ';hit the nail on the wrist'; or ';hit the nail on the ankle'; than yes I would see the irony.
I think using the cross as a religious symbol is more ironic.
The top the nail is called the head of the nail.





No irony there....CHRISTIAN
It would be more like hit the nail on the wrist, and feet; correct?
Now that you point it out, I do (not Christian)

No comments:

Post a Comment