Saturday, January 2, 2010

When installing sub-flooring using wonderboard, do I need to cover the nail heads with thinset?

I know I have to cover the joints, and that's no prob, but damm there sure are a hell of alot of nailheads, do I need to cover all of those too?When installing sub-flooring using wonderboard, do I need to cover the nail heads with thinset?
When installing wonderboard, use the screws that are made for it. The screws are such that they drive in flush. Besides if you use nails, they may loosen in the future and the tiles will crack.When installing sub-flooring using wonderboard, do I need to cover the nail heads with thinset?
If the impression in the board clearly shows the indentation, it's a good idea to cover them. Otherwise, you will likely see them later through your final floor covering and be disgusted that you didn't





Filling goes a lot faster than you think.
not if you're laying ceramic tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment