Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What is the difference between a 21 degree nail gun and a 34 degree clipped head nail gun? How do I decide?

I found a great deal on a nail gun kit, and my choices are a 21deg full head or 34deg clipped head. I dont know how to choose between the two. Why would I want one over the other? the MFRs website shows both models are used for the same thing, but offer no advice as to why I would choose one over the other. So what is the big difference and why would I want one over the other?What is the difference between a 21 degree nail gun and a 34 degree clipped head nail gun? How do I decide?
The 34 degree clipped head fits in tighter spaces and holds more nails. Clipped heads do not have as much holding power as full head nails and if you are looking to meet ';windstorm guidelines'; for code or insurance purposes.....clipped head will not pass code.What is the difference between a 21 degree nail gun and a 34 degree clipped head nail gun? How do I decide?
Many building officials will not accept a clipped-head nail for framing. To be safe I would recommend the non-clipped head.
13 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment