Thursday, January 14, 2010

Clipping nails? I have a great pair of pet nail clipping sissors, but do i have to wear asbestos from head to?

toe to avoid ending up looking as if ive wrestled a crocodile. any suggestions, other than paying the vet.Clipping nails? I have a great pair of pet nail clipping sissors, but do i have to wear asbestos from head to?
I thought you were asking about a cat. You start when the cat is resting comfortably in your lap. You may only get one or two nails the first time. Go slowly and just keep doing it regularly, rotating around the nails on each paw until you've gotten all ten.





Don't go at the task with big INTENTION, that will make the cat skittish and you won't be able to accomplish anything.





Eventually the cat will accept your clipping and you can do all of them at one sitting.Clipping nails? I have a great pair of pet nail clipping sissors, but do i have to wear asbestos from head to?
Start by stroking the cats paws between the toes. Get the cat used to you playing with the toes without taking out the clippers. They actually like the sensation. Eventually, you should find you can clip their claws whilst messaging the paws without any reaction, as its just an extension of the stroking.


Good luck.
Why do people keep confusing ';clipping'; with ';declawing';? I worry that it may confuse some people into thinking that clipping their cats nails is ';cruel and inhumane';. Some people need to learn how to read, I guess.





I've been lucky with my male....he's pretty easy going, and doesn't mind being on his back while in my or my husband's lap. So we'll work as a team. Usually, my husband holds Blaze on his lap and pets him while I push on the pads of his feet (this helps push the nails out) and clip away. Make sure you don't snip the pink part in the nail. That is the quick (vein)....and if cut, it will bleed profusely and be very painful for your cat. It's a good idea to keep styptic powder in your home. Styptic powder can be applied to an injured nail to cease the bleeding from the quick.





Just take things slow and easy. If your cat is really fiesty, you could try a Klaw Kontrol Bag;





http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/Na鈥?/a>





Make sure you soothe your kitty and give a treat or two when you're finished:)
I have absolutely no problem with clipping nails, and I do it weekly. Just make sure you don't hurt him, your nail clipper is good (and appropriate, so you finish quickly), and don't make a big fuss of it, and don't let him get aggressive on you.


Mine doesn't like it, but if he does become bothersome, I just hiss at him. Of course, I usually at the time hold him gently but firmly back-down in my lap, so he has nowhere to go.
just reassure your cat first by stroking and making sure its comfortable...then mine usually just sits there in my lap and lets me do it
Never, EVER have a cats claws clipped; you are removing her only defence against dogs who want to eat her alive, predators who want to kill her, perverts who want to torture her or use her as bait in dogfights. Its ok to say that your cat NEVER goes out.....the door or window just needs to be forgotten once.........
should be easy ,wait till night


the clip while dog is in basket





use a small sleeping pill ?
you shouldn't clip any animals claws. how would you like it?





it's cruel and there are other ways of stopping a cat from scratching the furniture. Buy a scratching post if necessary but leave the claws alone.





what if the cat is attacked by another animal? how would you like to see your cat in pieces because it couldn't defend itself?





p.s. clipping is JUST as bad as declawing because the animal still has no defence and cannot use them properly.
this is something you should start doing witha kitten so it is ';normal'; by adulthood
i kneel on the floor whith my ankles crossed and put the cat inbetween my knees so it cant go backwords while holding the front paw one at a time. Its always worked for me
ive never ever clipped my cats nails. ive always used a scrath post. or they have gone outside and used a tree. is ure cat indoors only.

No comments:

Post a Comment